Dedicated to my Work Anniversary (13th Feb)

To my lovely readers, 

I wanna stop by at your screen on eve of Galentine's day. Let me keep it short, hope you like my KISS ( keeping It Short and Sweet).

Here I am, sharing TLDR version of my last year experience on first work anniversary at new work place. 



Started with new hopes, never looked back, learnt a lot, met brilliant minds,  understood how good company culture can grow your personality and keeps you on toes. 

A company which values DEI principles at high scale, gave me template to introduce myself which asked my pronoun. While I planned to jot down my thoughts,  I came across a comedian which emphasized every Indian parent will want their daughter to be 'SHE' and son to be 'HE', never dare to think beyond that. This company is one where I came across 'They' pronoun :)

This company enriched my vocab with corporate lingo. For lack of vocab or more of knowledge, at times, I like to open can of worms, unpacking the details, to enhance my story telling so that my stakeholders can wrap their head around and are willing to double click on details.

Every company has to justify the budget and identify if the team delivered value.  Metrics and numbers are valued where data driven decisions are taken. It is universal concept and base of running any company. Here, being Gallup exceptional workplace awarded company seventh time in a row,  this one focusses on 360 degree feedback and values voice of employee sitting at each level.

Focus is to build relationship, make it a happy working place in remote set up which adds to many meetings in a day. Growing up, I was the one who would be so laconic that if I can answer in single syllable, i would do that. Time changes you, I am embracing change. 

Ending my KISS with three takeaways: progress over perfection, fail forward, automate automatable!






Comments

Riddhi said…
You got flare of writing super girl. Keep going
RAGHAV said…
Fail forward was my favorite

Popular posts from this blog

Transcending love from window to balcony

Empathetic Bench