My Window

 

This is my content place. I sit at my window to eat, to read and observe the world around me.  For hours I stare outside through my window, soaking my senses with the greenery, the rain drops, fall colors, snowflakes, and leafless branches, witnessing all seasons.

This window has lot to offer me, my companion in all the times, days and nights, in all the seasons. My companion who gives me warmth through its glass pane on a sunny afternoon, calms my nerves with breeze of air blowing smell of grass and mud, fills my ears with music of tiny raindrops crashing on it, shows camaraderie with army of ants leaving a trail mark on its sill, provides me vibrant life filled with plants, insects, wasps, spiders and of course passersby.

At times I just peep momentarily into lives of passersby. They become part of my life unknowingly. It’s quite engaging to observe beautiful emotions though this small rectangular glass. It was onset of spring, time to come out and soak some vitamin D on a lazy and sunny Sunday afternoon. A toddler was riding his bike, circling the parking area reaching till mailbox, while his dad was watching him sitting under this tree full of white blossoms on a beach chair with a book in his hand. What a beauty of human relation, beauty of comfort when you know you are in safe space and being cared. Nothing can go wrong when someone has got your back. Other day this girl was on her skateboard circling around and talking to other kids when her mother was taking a stroll. Perfect spot to make friends and perfect sport to keep you moving.

Some nights, I turn off my room light, sit at this window holding Kindle in my hand but whenever I take my eyes off, I am lost into beauty of darkness, trees shining under moonlight and twinkling stars which glistens further with passing by car’s headlights. And I doze off with half read book feeling content with my window’s companionship.

This window gives me company in lunch breaks acting as my lunch partner where I get to eat, and it provides rest to my ass. My tummy gets full, and my heart gets fuller in its companionship.

Mr. Window, you are not only a window, you are an opening to whole new world, you are my favorite spot, so much so that I love my room because of you being here. I am sticking here because of you.


P:S: And one fine day I woke dreaming you have transformed into aquarium window pane. It was so magical that every color, air bubble, coral, fish is still vivid in front of my eyes. Am I obsessed with you? Do you miss my companionship when I draw the blinds?


Comments

Anonymous said…
Loved it ! Looking forward to more. Cheers
Disha Victor said…
Loved the post especially the aquarium window part!
Pranjal said…
This is so beautiful. Love the way you put your thoughts together.

Popular posts from this blog

Dedicated to my Work Anniversary (13th Feb)

Transcending love from window to balcony

Empathetic Bench